<UPDATE> New updates for my Top Ten List of Accent Chairs! There are a couple of new entries in my new Top Ten where classicism and naturalism brings out the beauty of the designs. Debuting at the top position, is the classic Giorgetti Progetti Chair. Why this chair rose to my instant admiration is because of the highlight of the natural beauty of exotic wood as a design rather than relying on pure form. Of course, there is the design factor using walking sticks as inspirations. Then there is another unlikely debut at number five, pushing a Modern Classic down by one place. Replacing the comfy Flexform Happy is another Flexform design that looks more like a dining chair than an accent chair. Only when I tried out the sitting position of the Flexform Gelsomina, that I knew it’s low position was meant for lounging. The beautifully shaped and crafted wooden frame once again is the focus of the entire design. Enjoy the pictures!
Accent Chairs are an important anchor for the Living Room. It serves to bring uniqueness and character to the otherwise standard Living Rooms with a Sectional Sofa, Coffee Table and TV Console. Here are my Top 10 favourites.
1. Progetti Blossom by Centro Ricerche Giorgetti for Giorgetti, 1987/1995/2009
2. Jockey by François Azambourg for Poltrona Frau, 2007
5. Gelsomina by Antonio Citterio for Flexform, 2010
6. Hill House 1 by Charles Rennie Mackintosh for Cassina, 1902
7. Barcelona by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for Knoll, 1929